Based in Los Angeles, CA
Press / Business Contact:
We are an indie game studio based in LA. Our team of 15 is committed to creating compelling, unique games that are rooted in story and creatively tailored to compliment platform strengths. We’ve become recognized for quirky high-quality content and imaginative mechanics. Our debut PRY, was named one of Apple’s Top Apps of 2015 and was a finalist for The Future of Storytelling Prize and for IGF’s “Excellence in Narrative” award. We next created Virtual Virtual Reality: a narrative comedy adventure that won Google Play’s best VR game of 2017, was a finalist for Unity’s Best VR game and one of the best selling/top reviewed on Oculus GO. Our AR virtual pet that feeds on your emotions, Tendar, was showcased at Sundance, received an Honorable Mention at the GDC Awards and won Innovation Awards at Indiecade and Games For Change. Our newest release, The Under Presents, blends live immersive theater with real actors performing remotely but through VR headsets, it had a private sneak peek at the Sundance Film Festival 2019, by Oculus and is now available on Oculus Quest.
Founded by Danny Cannizzaro and Samantha Gorman in 2014, Tender Claws projects deftly explore our relationship to both the real and virtual worlds.
The Under Presents YouTube
Virtual Virtual Reality YouTube
There are far more images available for Tender Claws, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Unity Awards 2017, “Best VR Game,” Finalist" - (VVR, 2017)
- "Game Developer’s Choice Awards, “Best VR/AR Game,” Honorable Mention" - (Tendar, 2019)
- "Independent Games Festival (IGF), “Seumas McNally Grand Prize,” Honorable Mention" - (VVR, 2019)
- "Independent Games Festival (IGF), “Excellence in Narrative,” Finalist" - (PRY, 2015)
- "Google Play Awards, “Best VR Experience,” Winner" - (VVR, 2017)
- "Apple App Store Editors, “Apple’s Best Apps of 2015”" - (PRY, 2015)
- "The VR Awards, “VR Game of the Year,” Finalist " - (VVR, 2017)
- "Vision VR/AR Awards, “Best Game,” Finalist" - (VVR, 2017)
- "International Mobile Gaming Awards, “Best VR Game,” Winner " - (VVR, 2018)
- "Games For Change, “Most Innovative,” Winner" - (Tendar, 2019)
- "Games For Change, “Best XR for Change” Finalist" - (Tendar, 2019)
- "IndieCade, “Innovation in Interaction,” Winner" - (Tendar, 2018)
- "IndieCade, “Official Nominee”" - (VVR, 2017)
- "IndieCade, “Official Nominee”" - (Under, 2019)
- "Raindance Film Festival, “Best Mobile Interactive Experience),” Winner " - (VVR, 2017)
- "The Future of Storytelling Awards, Finalist" - (VVR, 2017)
- "Sundance New Frontier, Official Selection" - (Tendar, 2018)
- "Slamdance Film Festival Official Selection" - (PRY, 2015)
- "Future of Storytelling Prize, Finalist" - (PRY, 2014)
- "Geneva International Film Festival Tous Ecrans, Official Selection" - (PRY, 2014)
- "Word Play Festival of Writerly Games, Official Selection" - (PRY, 2014)
- "“A VR Game That Laughs In The Face of VR,”"
- Cecilia D’Anastasio, Kotaku
- "“the new VR game from Tender Claws is both a love letter and a parody of contemporary virtual reality culture.”"
- J.H. Fearless, Vice
- "“Equal parts trippy and humorous.”"
- Sam Machkovech, Ars Technica
- ""An absurdist black comedy [...] that plays with ideas of tourism, travel and authority.""
- Laura Parker, The New York Times
- "“All is not what it seems in this darkly comic and visually stunning outing.”"
- Matthew Field, The Telegraph
- "“How do you put a score on something as brilliantly bizarre as this surrealist story of VR gone too far?”"
- Jamie Feltham, UploadVR